Definition and Meanings for affected
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Affected is ranked 9,205 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of affected
past participle, adjective
Meaning of affected
as past participle, adjective
- regarded with affection; beloved.
- inclined; disposed; attached.
- given to false show; assuming or pretending to possess what is not natural or real.
- assumed artificially; not natural.
- made up of terms involving different powers of the unknown quantity; adfected; as, an affected equation.