Definition and Meanings for affiliate
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Affiliate is ranked 10,028 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of affiliate
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of affiliate
Meaning of affiliate
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to adopt; to receive into a family as a son; hence, to bring or receive into close connection; to ally.
- to fix the paternity of; -- said of an illegitimate child; as, to affiliate the child to (or on or upon) one man rather than another.
- to connect in the way of descent; to trace origin to.
- to attach (to) or unite (with); to receive into a society as a member, and initiate into its mysteries, plans, etc.; -- followed by to or with.
as intransitive verb
- to connect or associate one's self; -- followed by with; as, they affiliate with no party.