Definition and Meanings for agree
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Agree is ranked 514 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of agree
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb
Etymology of agree
Meaning of agree
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur; as, all parties agree in the expediency of the law.
- to yield assent; to accede; -- followed by to; as, to agree to an offer, or to opinion.
- to make a stipulation by way of settling differences or determining a price; to exchange promises; to come to terms or to a common resolve; to promise.
- to be conformable; to resemble; to coincide; to correspond; as, the picture does not agree with the original; the two scales agree exactly.
- to suit or be adapted in its effects; to do well; as, the same food does not agree with every constitution.
- to correspond in gender, number, case, or person.
as transitive verb
- to make harmonious; to reconcile or make friends.
- to admit, or come to one mind concerning; to settle; to arrange; as, to agree the fact; to agree differences.