Definition and Meanings for aid
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Aid is ranked 4,558 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of aid
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of aid
Meaning of aid
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to support, either by furnishing strength or means in co
as noun, transitive verb
- help; succor; assistance; relief.
- the person or thing that promotes or helps in something done; a helper; an assistant.
- a subsidy granted to the king by parliament; also, an exchequer loan.
- a pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his lord on special occasions.
- an aid-de-camp, so called by abbreviation; as, a general's aid.