Definition and Meanings for away
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Away is ranked 11,618 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of away
Etymology of away
Meaning of away
- from a place; hence.
- absent; gone; at a distance; as, the master is away from home.
- aside; off; in another direction.
- from a state or condition of being; out of existence.
- by ellipsis of the verb, equivalent to an imperative: go or come away; begone; take away.
- on; in continuance; without intermission or delay; as, sing away.