Definition and Meanings for bacchanal
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Bacchanal is ranked 45,931 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of bacchanal
Etymology of bacchanal
Meaning of bacchanal
- relating to bacchus or his festival.
- engaged in drunken revels; drunken and riotous or noisy.
- a devotee of bacchus; one who indulges in drunken revels; one who is noisy and riotous when intoxicated; a carouser.
- the festival of bacchus; the bacchanalia.
- drunken revelry; an orgy.
- a song or a dance in honor of bacchus.