Definition and Meanings for bachelors
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Bachelors is ranked 6,212 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of bachelors
Etymology of bachelors
Meaning of bachelors
as noun, noun
- a man of any age who has not been married.
- an unmarried woman.
- a person who has taken the first or lowest degree in the liberal arts, or in some branch of science, at a college or university; as, a bachelor of arts.
- a knight who had no standard of his own, but fought under the standard of another in the field; often, a young knight.
- in the companies of london tradesmen, one not yet admitted to wear the livery; a junior member.
- a kind of bass, an edible fresh-water fish (pomoxys annularis) of the southern united states.