Definition and Meanings for beavers
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Beavers is ranked 25,981 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of beavers
Etymology of beavers
Meaning of beavers
- an amphibious rodent, of the genus castor.
- the fur of the beaver.
- a hat, formerly made of the fur of the beaver, but now usually of silk.
- beaver cloth, a heavy felted woolen cloth, used chiefly for making overcoats.
- a man's beard.
- the hair on a woman's pubic area; -- vulgar.
- a woman; -- vulgar and offensive.
- a person who works enthusiastically and diligently; -- used especially in the phrase eager beaver.
- that piece of armor which protected the lower part of the face, whether forming a part of the helmet or fixed to the breastplate. it was so constructed (with joints or otherwise) that the wearer could raise or lower it to eat and drink.