Definition and Meanings for bray
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Bray is ranked 24,860 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of bray
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of bray
Meaning of bray
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to pound, beat, rub, or grind small or fine.
as intransitive verb
- to utter a loud, harsh cry, as an ass.
- to make a harsh, grating, or discordant noise.
as transitive verb
- to make or utter with a loud, discordant, or harsh and grating sound.
- the harsh cry of an ass; also, any harsh, grating, or discordant sound.
- a bank; the slope of a hill; a hill. see brae, which is now the usual spelling.