Definition and Meanings for brilliants
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Brilliants is ranked 3,179 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of brilliants
adjective, present participle, noun
Etymology of brilliants
Meaning of brilliants
as adjective, present participle
- sparkling with luster; glittering; very bright; as, a brilliant star.
- distinguished by qualities which excite admiration; splendid; shining; as, brilliant talents.
- exceedingly intelligent, or of distinguished accomplishment in a field; -- as, a brilliant chemist.
as noun, adjective
- a diamond or other gem of the finest cut, formed into faces and facets, so as to reflect and refract the light, by which it is rendered more brilliant. it has at the middle, or top, a principal face, called the table, which is surrounded by a number of sloping facets forming a bizet; below, it has a small face or collet, parallel to the table, connected with the girdle by a pavilion of elongated facets. it is thus distinguished from the rose diamond, which is entirely covered with facets on the surface, and is flat below.
- the smallest size of type used in england printing.
- a kind of cotton goods, figured on the weaving.