Definition and Meanings for bring
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Bring is ranked 215 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of bring
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of bring
Meaning of bring
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to convey to the place where the speaker is or is to be; to bear from a more distant to a nearer place; to fetch.
- to cause the accession or obtaining of; to procure; to make to come; to produce; to draw to.
- to convey; to move; to carry or conduct.
- to persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- to produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch; as, what does coal bring per ton?