Definition and Meanings for business
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Business is ranked 246 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of business
Etymology of business
Meaning of business
- that which busies one, or that which engages the time, attention, or labor of any one, as his principal concern or interest, whether for a longer or shorter time; constant employment; regular occupation; as, the business of life; business before pleasure.
- any particular occupation or employment engaged in for livelihood or gain, as agriculture, trade, art, or a profession.
- financial dealings; buying and selling; traffic in general; mercantile transactions.
- that which one has to do or should do; special service, duty, or mission.
- affair; concern; matter; -- used in an indefinite sense, and modified by the connected words.
- the position, distribution, and order of persons and properties on the stage of a theater, as determined by the stage manager in rehearsal.
- care; anxiety; diligence.