Definition and Meanings for calling
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Calling is ranked 15,053 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of calling
Meaning of calling
- the act of one who calls; a crying aloud, esp. in order to summon, or to attact the attention of, some one.
- a summoning or convocation, as of parliament.
- a divine summons or invitation; also, the state of being divinely called.
- a naming, or inviting; a reading over or reciting in order, or a call of names with a view to obtaining an answer, as in legislative bodies.
- one's usual occupation, or employment; vocation; business; trade.
- the persons, collectively, engaged in any particular professions or employment.
- title; appellation; name.