Definition and Meanings for clashed
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Clashed is ranked 9,788 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of clashed
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb, noun
Etymology of clashed
Meaning of clashed
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to make a noise by striking against something; to dash noisily together.
- to meet in opposition; to act in a contrary direction; to come onto collision; to interfere.
as transitive verb
- to strike noisily against or together.
- a loud noise resulting from collision; a noisy collision of bodies; a collision.
- opposition; contradiction; as between differing or contending interests, views, purposes, etc.