Definition and Meanings for clasped
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Clasped is ranked 21,323 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of clasped
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of clasped
Meaning of clasped
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to shut or fasten together with, or as with, a clasp; to shut or fasten (a clasp, or that which fastens with a clasp).
- to inclose and hold in the hand or with the arms; to grasp; to embrace.
- to surround and cling to; to entwine about.
- an adjustable catch, bent plate, or hook, for holding together two objects or the parts of anything, as the ends of a belt, the covers of a book, etc.
- a close embrace; a throwing of the arms around; a grasping, as with the hand.