Definition and Meanings for clump
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Clump is ranked 22,812 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of clump
noun, transitive verb, intransitive verb
Etymology of clump
Meaning of clump
- an unshaped piece or mass of wood or other substance.
- a cluster; a group; a thicket.
- the compressed clay of coal strata.
as transitive verb
- to arrange in a clump or clumps; to cluster; to group.
as intransitive verb
- to tread clumsily; to clamp.