Definition and Meanings for come
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Come is ranked 70 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of come
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun, transitive verb
Etymology of come
Meaning of come
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
- to move hitherward; to draw near; to approach the speaker, or some place or person indicated; -- opposed to go.
- to complete a movement toward a place; to arrive.
- to approach or arrive, as if by a journey or from a distance.
- to approach or arrive, as the result of a cause, or of the act of another.
- to arrive in sight; to be manifest; to appear.
- to get to be, as the result of change or progress; -- with a predicate; as, to come untied.
as transitive verb
- to carry through; to succeed in; as, you can't come any tricks here.