Definition and Meanings for commons
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Commons is ranked 6,093 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of commons
Etymology of commons
Meaning of commons
as plural noun
- the mass of the people, as distinguished from the titled classes or nobility; the commonalty; the common people.
- the house of commons, or lower house of the british parliament, consisting of representatives elected by the qualified voters of counties, boroughs, and universities.
- provisions; food; fare, -- as that provided at a common table in colleges and universities.
- a club or association for boarding at a common table, as in a college, the members sharing the expenses equally; as, to board in commons.
- a common; public pasture ground.