Definition and Meanings for compacts
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Compacts is ranked 16,934 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of compacts
past participle, adjective, transitive verb, imperfect, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of compacts
Meaning of compacts
as past participle, adjective
- joined or held together; leagued; confederated.
- composed or made; -- with of.
- closely or firmly united, as the particles of solid bodies; firm; close; solid; dense.
- brief; close; pithy; not diffuse; not verbose; as, a compact discourse.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to thrust, drive, or press closely together; to join firmly; to consolidate; to make close; -- as the parts which compose a body.
- to unite or connect firmly, as in a system.
- an agreement between parties; a covenant or contract.