Definition and Meanings for conceive
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Conceive is ranked 4,202 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of conceive
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of conceive
Meaning of conceive
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to receive into the womb and begin to breed; to begin the formation of the embryo of.
- to form in the mind; to plan; to devise; to generate; to originate; as, to conceive a purpose, plan, hope.
- to apprehend by reason or imagination; to take into the mind; to know; to imagine; to comprehend; to understand.
as intransitive verb
- to have an embryo or fetus formed in the womb; to breed; to become pregnant.
- to have a conception, idea, or opinion; think; -- with of.