Definition and Meanings for concord
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Concord is ranked 34,540 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of concord
noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of concord
Meaning of concord
- a state of agreement; harmony; union.
- agreement by stipulation; compact; covenant; treaty or league.
- agreement of words with one another, in gender, number, person, or case.
- an agreement between the parties to a fine of land in reference to the manner in which it should pass, being an acknowledgment that the land in question belonged to the complainant. see fine.
- an agreeable combination of tones simultaneously heard; a consonant chord; consonance; harmony.
- a variety of american grape, with large dark blue (almost black) grapes in compact clusters.
as intransitive verb
- to agree; to act together.