Definition and Meanings for consort
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Consort is ranked 26,784 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of consort
noun, intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb
Etymology of consort
Meaning of consort
- one who shares the lot of another; a companion; a partner; especially, a wife or husband.
- a ship keeping company with another.
- concurrence; conjunction; combination; association; union.
- an assembly or association of persons; a company; a group; a combination.
- harmony of sounds; concert, as of musical instruments.
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to unite or to keep company; to associate; -- used with with.
as transitive verb
- to unite or join, as in affection, harmony, company, marriage, etc.; to associate.
- to attend; to accompany.