Definition and Meanings for content
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Content is ranked 14,606 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of content
adjective, noun, transitive verb
Etymology of content
Meaning of content
- contained within limits; hence, having the desires limited by that which one has; not disposed to repine or grumble; satisfied; contented; at rest.
- that which is contained; the thing or things held by a receptacle or included within specified limits; as, the contents of a cask or bale or of a room; the contents of a book.
- power of containing; capacity; extent; size.
- area or quantity of space or matter contained within certain limits; as, solid contents; superficial contents.
as transitive verb, adjective
- to satisfy the desires of; to make easy in any situation; to appease or quiet; to gratify; to please.
- to satisfy the expectations of; to pay; to requite.
- rest or quietness of the mind in one's present condition; freedom from discontent; satisfaction; contentment; moderate happiness.
- acquiescence without examination.
- that which contents or satisfies; that which if attained would make one happy.
- an expression of assent to a bill or motion; an affirmative vote; also, a member who votes