Definition and Meanings for convey
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Convey is ranked 3,785 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of convey
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of convey
Meaning of convey
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to carry from one place to another; to bear or transport.
- to cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- to transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing.
- to impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information.
- to manage with privacy; to carry out.
- to carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- to accompany; to convoy.
as intransitive verb
- to play the thief; to steal.