Definition and Meanings for corking
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Corking is ranked 0 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of corking
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of corking
Meaning of corking
- the outer layer of the bark of the cork tree (quercus suber), of which stoppers for bottles and casks are made. see cutose.
- a stopper for a bottle or cask, cut out of cork.
- a mass of tabular cells formed in any kind of bark, in greater or less abundance.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to stop with a cork, as a bottle.
- to furnish or fit with cork; to raise on cork.