Definition and Meanings for corruptest
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Corruptest is ranked 12,801 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of corruptest
adjective, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of corruptest
Meaning of corruptest
- changed from a sound to a putrid state; spoiled; tainted; vitiated; unsound.
- changed from a state of uprightness, correctness, truth, etc., to a worse state; vitiated; depraved; debased; perverted; as, corrupt language; corrupt judges.
- abounding in errors; not genuine or correct; as, the text of the manuscript is corrupt.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to change from a sound to a putrid or putrescent state; to make putrid; to putrefy.
- to change from good to bad; to vitiate; to deprave; to pervert; to debase; to defile.
- to draw aside from the path of rectitude and duty; as, to corrupt a judge by a bribe.
- to debase or render impure by alterations or innovations; to falsify; as, to corrupt language; to corrupt the sacred text.
- to waste, spoil, or consume; to make worthless.
as intransitive verb
- to become putrid or tainted; to putrefy; to rot.
- to become vitiated; to lose purity or goodness.