Definition and Meanings for costed
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Costed is ranked 1,118 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of costed
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of costed
Meaning of costed
- a rib; a side; a region or coast.
- see cottise.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to require to be given, expended, or laid out therefor, as in barter, purchase, acquisition, etc.; to cause the cost, expenditure, relinquishment, or loss of; as, the ticket cost a dollar; the effort cost his life.
- to require to be borne or suffered; to cause.
as noun, transitive verb
- the amount paid, charged, or engaged to be paid, for anything bought or taken in barter; charge; expense; hence, whatever, as labor, self-denial, suffering, etc., is requisite to secure benefit.
- loss of any kind; detriment; pain; suffering.
- expenses incurred in litigation.