Definition and Meanings for crackier
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Crackier is ranked 26,381 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of crackier
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun, adjective
Etymology of crackier
Meaning of crackier
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to break or burst, with or without entire separation of the parts; as, to crack glass; to crack nuts.
- to rend with grief or pain; to affect deeply with sorrow; hence, to disorder; to distract; to craze.
- to cause to sound suddenly and sharply; to snap; as, to crack a whip.
- to utter smartly and sententiously; as, to crack a joke.
- to cry up; to extol; -- followed by up.
as intransitive verb
- to burst or open in chinks; to break, with or without quite separating into parts.
- to be ruined or impaired; to fail.
- to utter a loud or sharp, sudden sound.
- to utter vain, pompous words; to brag; to boast; -- with of.
- a partial separation of parts, with or without a perceptible opening; a chink or fissure; a narrow breach; a crevice; as, a crack in timber, or in a wall, or in glass.
- rupture; flaw; breach, in a moral sense.
- a sharp, sudden sound or report; the sound of anything suddenly burst or broken; as, the crack of a falling house; the crack of thunder; the crack of a whip.
- the tone of voice when changed at puberty.
- mental flaw; a touch of craziness; partial insanity; as, he has a crack.
- a crazy or crack-brained person.
- a boast; boasting.
- breach of chastity.
- a boy, generally a pert, lively boy.
- a brief time; an instant; as, to be with one in a crack.
- free conversation; friendly chat.
- a witty remark; a wisecrack.
- a chance or opportunity to do something; an attempt; as, i'll take a crack at it.
- a form of cocaine, highly purified and prepared as small pellets, especially suitable for smoking; -- also called rock. used in this form it appears to be more addicting than cocaine powder.
- of superior excellence; having qualities to be boasted of; as, a crack shot.