Definition and Meanings for cream
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Cream is ranked 24,503 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of cream
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of cream
Meaning of cream
- the rich, oily, and yellowish part of milk, which, when the milk stands unagitated, rises, and collects on the surface. it is the part of milk from which butter is obtained.
- the part of any liquor that rises, and collects on the surface.
- a delicacy of several kinds prepared for the table from cream, etc., or so as to resemble cream.
- a cosmetic; a creamlike medicinal preparation.
- the best or choicest part of a thing; the quintessence; as, the cream of a jest or story; the cream of a collection of books or pictures.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to skim, or take off by skimming, as cream.
- to take off the best or choicest part of.
- to furnish with, or as with, cream.
as intransitive verb
- to form or become covered with cream; to become thick like cream; to assume the appearance of cream; hence, to grow stiff or formal; to mantle.