Definition and Meanings for crust
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Crust is ranked 23,672 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of crust
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of crust
Meaning of crust
- the hard external coat or covering of anything; the hard exterior surface or outer shell; an incrustation; as, a crust of snow.
- the hard exterior or surface of bread, in distinction from the soft part or crumb; or a piece of bread grown dry or hard.;the cover or case of a pie, in distinction from the soft contents.;the dough, or mass of doughy paste, cooked with a potpie; -- also called dumpling.
- the exterior portion of the earth, formerly universally supposed to inclose a molten interior.
- the shell of crabs, lobsters, etc.
- a hard mass, made up of dried secretions blood, or pus, occurring upon the surface of the body.
- an incrustation on the interior of wine bottles, the result of the ripening of the wine; a deposit of tartar, etc. see beeswing.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
- to cover with a crust; to cover or line with an incrustation; to incrust.
as intransitive verb
- to gather or contract into a hard crust; to become incrusted.