Definition and Meanings for cults
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Cults is ranked 5,303 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of cults
Etymology of cults
Meaning of cults
- attentive care; homage; worship.
- a system of religious belief and worship.
- a system of intense religious veneration of a particular person, idea, or object, especially one considered spurious or irrational by traditional religious bodies; as, the moonie cult.
- the group of individuals who adhere to a cult (senses 2 or 3).
- a strong devotion or interest in a particular person, idea or thing without religious associations, or the people holding such an interest; as, the cult of james dean; the cult of personality in totalitarian societies.