Definition and Meanings for current
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Current is ranked 5,697 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of current
Etymology of current
Meaning of current
- running or moving rapidly.
- now passing, as time; as, the current month.
- passing from person to person, or from hand to hand; circulating through the community; generally received; common; as, a current coin; a current report; current history.
- commonly estimated or acknowledged.
- fitted for general acceptance or circulation; authentic; passable.
as noun, adjective
- a flowing or passing; onward motion. hence: a body of fluid moving continuously in a certain direction; a stream; esp., the swiftest part of it; as, a current of water or of air; that which resembles a stream in motion; as, a current of electricity.
- general course; ordinary procedure; progressive and connected movement; as, the current of time, of events, of opinion, etc.