Definition and Meanings for curry
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Curry is ranked 32,325 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of curry
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of curry
Meaning of curry
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to dress or prepare for use by a process of scraping, cleansing, beating, smoothing, and coloring; -- said of leather.
- to dress the hair or coat of (a horse, ox, or the like) with a currycomb and brush; to comb, as a horse, in order to make clean.
- to beat or bruise; to drub; -- said of persons.
- a kind of sauce much used in india, containing garlic, pepper, ginger, and other strong spices.
- a stew of fowl, fish, or game, cooked with curry.
as transitive verb
- to flavor or cook with curry.