Definition and Meanings for dainty
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Dainty is ranked 17,532 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of dainty
noun, adjective, comparative, superlative
Etymology of dainty
Meaning of dainty
- value; estimation; the gratification or pleasure taken in anything.
- that which is delicious or delicate; a delicacy.
- a term of fondness.
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- rare; valuable; costly.
- delicious to the palate; toothsome.
- nice; delicate; elegant, in form, manner, or breeding; well-formed; neat; tender.
- requiring dainties. hence: overnice; hard to please; fastidious; squeamish; scrupulous; ceremonious.