Definition and Meanings for delight
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Delight is ranked 8,691 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of delight
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of delight
Meaning of delight
as noun, transitive verb
- a high degree of gratification of mind; a high- wrought state of pleasurable feeling; lively pleasure; extreme satisfaction; joy.
- that which gives great pleasure or delight.
- licentious pleasure; lust.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to give delight to; to affect with great pleasure; to please highly; as, a beautiful landscape delights the eye; harmony delights the ear.
as intransitive verb
- to have or take great delight or pleasure; to be greatly pleased or rejoiced; -- followed by an infinitive, or by in.