Definition and Meanings for derivations
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Derivations is ranked 21,650 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of derivations
Etymology of derivations
Meaning of derivations
- a leading or drawing off of water from a stream or source.
- the act of receiving anything from a source; the act of procuring an effect from a cause, means, or condition, as profits from capital, conclusions or opinions from evidence.
- the act of tracing origin or descent, as in grammar or genealogy; as, the derivation of a word from an aryan root.
- the state or method of being derived; the relation of origin when established or asserted.
- that from which a thing is derived.
- that which is derived; a derivative; a deduction.
- the operation of deducing one function from another according to some fixed law, called the law of derivation, as the operation of differentiation or of integration.
- a drawing of humors or fluids from one part of the body to another, to relieve or lessen a morbid process.
- the formation of a word from its more original or radical elements; also, a statement of the origin and history of a word.