Definition and Meanings for devotion
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Devotion is ranked 6,558 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of devotion
Etymology of devotion
Meaning of devotion
- the act of devoting; consecration.
- the state of being devoted; addiction; eager inclination; strong attachment love or affection; zeal; especially, feelings toward god appropriately expressed by acts of worship; devoutness.
- act of devotedness or devoutness; manifestation of strong attachment; act of worship; prayer.
- disposal; power of disposal.
- a thing consecrated; an object of devotion.