Definition and Meanings for discoveries
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Discoveries is ranked 2,241 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of discoveries
Etymology of discoveries
Meaning of discoveries
- the action of discovering; exposure to view; laying open; showing; as, the discovery of a plot.
- a making known; revelation; disclosure; as, a bankrupt is bound to make a full discovery of his assets.
- finding out or ascertaining something previously unknown or unrecognized; as, harvey's discovery of the circulation of the blood.
- that which is discovered; a thing found out, or for the first time ascertained or recognized; as, the properties of the magnet were an important discovery.
- exploration; examination.