Definition and Meanings for discuss
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Discuss is ranked 848 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of discuss
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of discuss
Meaning of discuss
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to break to pieces; to shatter.
- to break up; to disperse; to scatter; to dissipate; to drive away; -- said especially of tumors.
- to shake; to put away; to finish.
- to examine in detail or by disputation; to reason upon by presenting favorable and adverse considerations; to debate; to sift; to investigate; to ventilate.
- to deal with, in eating or drinking.
- to examine or search thoroughly; to exhaust a remedy against, as against a principal debtor before proceeding against the surety.