Definition and Meanings for disorder
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Disorder is ranked 48,181 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of disorder
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of disorder
Meaning of disorder
- want of order or regular disposition; lack of arrangement; confusion; disarray; as, the troops were thrown into disorder; the papers are in disorder.
- neglect of order or system; irregularity.
- breach of public order; disturbance of the peace of society; tumult.
- disturbance of the functions of the animal economy or of the soul; sickness; derangement.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to disturb the order of; to derange or disarrange; to throw into confusion; to confuse.
- to disturb or interrupt the regular and natural functions of (either body or mind); to produce sickness or indisposition in; to discompose; to derange; as, to disorder the head or stomach.
- to depose from holy orders.