Definition and Meanings for disposition
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Disposition is ranked 7,337 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of disposition
Etymology of disposition
Meaning of disposition
- the act of disposing, arranging, ordering, regulating, or transferring; application; disposal; as, the disposition of a man's property by will.
- the state or the manner of being disposed or arranged; distribution; arrangement; order; as, the disposition of the trees in an orchard; the disposition of the several parts of an edifice.
- tendency to any action or state resulting from natural constitution; nature; quality; as, a disposition in plants to grow in a direction upward; a disposition in bodies to putrefaction.
- conscious inclination; propension or propensity.
- natural or prevailing spirit, or temperament of mind, especially as shown in intercourse with one's fellow-men; temper of mind.
- mood; humor.