Definition and Meanings for dressing
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Dressing is ranked 6,055 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of dressing
Meaning of dressing
- dress; raiment; especially, ornamental habiliment or attire.
- an application (a remedy, bandage, etc.) to cover a sore or wound.
- manure or compost over land. when it remains on the surface, it is called a top-dressing.
- a preparation, such as a sauce, to flavor food for eating; a condiment; as, a dressing for salad.;the stuffing of fowls, pigs, etc.; forcemeat.
- gum, starch, and the like, used in stiffening or finishing silk, linen, and other fabrics.
- an ornamental finish, as a molding around doors, windows, or on a ceiling, etc.
- castigation; scolding; -- often with down.