Definition and Meanings for engendering
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Engendering is ranked 9,494 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of engendering
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of engendering
Meaning of engendering
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to produce by the union of the sexes; to beget.
- to cause to exist; to bring forth; to produce; to sow the seeds of; as, angry words engender strife.
as intransitive verb
- to assume form; to come into existence; to be caused or produced.
- to come together; to meet, as in sexual embrace.
- one who, or that which, engenders.