Definition and Meanings for esteem
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Esteem is ranked 25,187 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of esteem
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of esteem
Meaning of esteem
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to set a value on; to appreciate the worth of; to estimate; to value; to reckon.
- to set a high value on; to prize; to regard with reverence, respect, or friendship.
as intransitive verb
- to form an estimate; to have regard to the value; to consider.
as noun, transitive verb
- estimation; opinion of merit or value; hence, valuation; reckoning; price.
- high estimation or value; great regard; favorable opinion, founded on supposed worth.