Definition and Meanings for everlasting
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Everlasting is ranked 17,791 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of everlasting
Meaning of everlasting
- lasting or enduring forever; exsisting or continuing without end; immortal; eternal.
- continuing indefinitely, or during a long period; perpetual; sometimes used, colloquially, as a strong intensive; as, this everlasting nonsence.
- eternal duration, past or future; eternity.
- (with the definite article) the eternal being; god.
- a plant whose flowers may be dried without losing their form or color, as, the pearly everlasting (anaphalis margaritacea), the immortelle (xeranthemum anuum) of the french, the cudweeds, etc.
- a cloth fabric for shoes, etc. see lasting.