Definition and Meanings for exalting
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Exalting is ranked 18,054 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of exalting
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of exalting
Meaning of exalting
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to raise high; to elevate; to lift up.
- to elevate in rank, dignity, power, wealth, character, or the like; to dignify; to promote; as, to exalt a prince to the throne, a citizen to the presidency.
- to elevate by prise or estimation; to magnify; to extol; to glorify.
- to lift up with joy, pride, or success; to inspire with delight or satisfaction; to elate.
- to elevate the tone of, as of the voice or a musical instrument.
- to render pure or refined; to intensify or concentrate; as, to exalt the juices of bodies.