Definition and Meanings for extravagant
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Extravagant is ranked 10,652 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of extravagant
Etymology of extravagant
Meaning of extravagant
- wandering beyond one's bounds; roving; hence, foreign.
- exceeding due bounds; wild; excessive; unrestrained; as, extravagant acts, wishes, praise, abuse.
- profuse in expenditure; prodigal; wasteful; as, an extravagant man.
- one who is confined to no general rule.
- certain constitutions or decretal epistles, not at first included with others, but subsequently made a part of the canon law.