Definition and Meanings for fades
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Fades is ranked 32,043 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of fades
adjective, intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb
Etymology of fades
Meaning of fades
- weak; insipid; tasteless; commonplace.
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, adjective, adjective
- to become fade; to grow weak; to lose strength; to decay; to perish gradually; to wither, as a plant.
- to lose freshness, color, or brightness; to become faint in hue or tint; hence, to be wanting in color.
- to sink away; to disappear gradually; to grow dim; to vanish.
as transitive verb
- to cause to wither; to deprive of freshness or vigor; to wear away.