Definition and Meanings for fag
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Fag is ranked 22,211 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of fag
noun, intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb
Etymology of fag
Meaning of fag
- a knot or coarse part in cloth; a flaw.
- a cigarette.
- a fag end in a cloth.
- a drudge.
- a male homosexual; -- always used disparagingly and considered offensive. shortened form of faggot.
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to become weary; to tire.
- to labor to wearness; to work hard; to drudge.
- to act as a fag, or perform menial services or drudgery, for another, as in some english schools.
as transitive verb
- to tire by labor; to exhaust; as, he was almost fagged out.
- anything that fatigues.