Definition and Meanings for falsify
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Falsify is ranked 16,948 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of falsify
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, adjective, intransitive verb
Etymology of falsify
Meaning of falsify
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, adjective
- to make false; to represent falsely.
- to counterfeit; to forge; as, to falsify coin.
- to prove to be false, or untrustworthy; to confute; to disprove; to nullify; to make to appear false.
- to violate; to break by falsehood; as, to falsify one's faith or word.
- to baffle or escape; as, to falsify a blow.
- to avoid or defeat; to prove false, as a judgment.
- to show, in accounting, (an inem of charge inserted in an account) to be wrong.
- to make false by multilation or addition; to tamper with; as, to falsify a record or document.
as intransitive verb
- to tell lies; to violate the truth.